19 Aug God Confused The Proud
God Confused The Proud
the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the guards stand watch in vain.”
Verses To Read:
<Genesis 11: 1-9>
1) Human-centred, Human-driven
2) The culture of Babel is “Humanism”.
3) Hidden within Humanism is PRIDE
- City: Security, comfort
- Tower: Pride
2. Human plan VS God’s plan.
1) God’s intervention >> Turning point <v5>.
2) God frustrates the plans of the proud…easily.
- Godlessness is folly.
3) Result of being irreverent: Confusion.
3. Do not be influenced by the Babel culture.
1) Be united for the right reasons.
- For Gospel: ?
- Oppose God: ?
*Disunited without God; united in Christ.
“There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus” <Gal 3:28>.
2) Be set apart from the Babel culture.
- Despite being a Christian, is it easy for you to become humanistic again? Why do you tend to be more human-driven rather than God-driven? Usually, when are you more prone to become humanistic?
- Had God ever, and how did He, intervene in your life when pride is lurking? How had God ever tamed your pride?