09 Mar New Command To Love
Love is not a new topic for believers. Yet as we lead our lives, our definition of love, as God would have it, can be easily distorted, misunderstood, and instead of being a glorious tool for us to glorify God and love men, becomes experiences that is against our spirit. Let us reexamine what God means by His command to love.
Verses to Read: Jn 13:34-35, 1-5, 12-30
- Command: “Love one another”
- Promise: “Everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
Our Flawed Love
- Love in our own capacity
- Our Perspectives
- Perspective of self
- Perspective of others
Love of Christ
- Humble Love
– The humble love of Jesus will propel us to love more & beyond like Him.
- Love with a price
– If we choose to love but are wronged in return, Jesus will look even more real and beautiful in our love.
- Love with Authority
– Jesus has the authority to command us not because He is God, but because He is Love.
How to Love One Another?
- Be loved by God first
<1 Jn 4:19> We love because he first loved us.
<1 Jn 4:11> Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
<1 Jn 3:23> And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.
- Love like Jesus Christ (acts of love)
– Give time
– Guard our speech
– Love purposefully, not blindly
– Come out of the devil’s deceptions
– Indeed loved by God in the process