12 Jan Resolve To Live A Holy Life
Are we prepared to be different?
- Consecrated: Be separate/different.
- Do we dare to be different?
- More than the danger, see the wisdom and privilege to be different.
- <1 Th 5> 5 You are all children of the lightand children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober.
- Would we rather be socially acceptable, or God-acceptable?
- Remember that we are “strangers on earth”.
- <Prov 29:25> “Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.”
- Opposite of consecration: Typical
Consecration is not a one-time resolution but a lifetime lifestyle
<1 Th 4> 1 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.
2 For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.
3 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; 6 and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister. The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. 7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8 Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.
- Resolution >> holy lifestyle, whole person >> rewards
- Private >> public consecration
- Consecrated ‘daily schedule’.
- Consecrated ‘divine timing’.
- Consecrated ‘waiting time’.
- When consecrated believers serve, then can impact the world.
- Serve like it is a privilege, not a chore.
- Aim to be consecrated for noble purposes.
- The more consecrated, the more anointing.